|Video purports to show British aid worker slain|
|News - St Augustine Area & St Johns County|
BEIRUT — Islamic State extremists have released a video purportedly showing the beheading of British aid worker David Haines, who went missing in Syria last year.
The video emerged a day after the family of Haines issued a public plea late Friday urging his captors to contact them.
The British Foreign Office said late Saturday that it was “working urgently to verify” the video.
“If true, this is another disgusting murder,” the Foreign Office said in a statement.
“We are offering the family every support possible. They ask to be left alone at this time.”
Read entire article: Video purports to show British aid worker slain