Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Landowner Meeting Recap  (Read 5117 times)
pleeman

Flagler Estates-Country living with modern safety

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2008, 04:23:01 PM »

Well it was a hot time for most of the residents jammed in the back of the FERW offices on Saturday.
There was still a lot of people complaining about the assessment increase, yet no one could explain why paying more in the future was a better option. The Board has to do whats best for the landowners, the landowners voted them in to do this.
The board made the call to spend some now to avoid higher assessments later.

There was also an election where it appeared everyone in attendance was voting for Bill, then the proxies were cast and Jerry gave his winning votes to Cliff as did Walt and Vic.

Bill Fisher congratulated Cliff and then Mike Kelter (city engineer) gave a very compelling presentation outlining how by going with a lesser cost assessment option we would have ended up spending a significant amount paying for dirt removal instead of building roads and fixing culverts... we were going to just move dirt back to where it eroded from in the first place!

I had the pleasure of talking to new board of supervisors member Cliff Scheiner after the meeting and was impressed by his determination to follow through on projects relating to Flagler Estates. He also explained how working with the County on the CRC/CRA prepared him for this position and seemed truly dedicated to delivering the things so many residents have asked for over the last few years.

We have a lot to look forward to out here!

Grin Smiley Grin

PHOTO NOTES:

Cliff is sworn in

Cliff makes his first speech

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:09:13 PM by pleeman » Report to moderator   Logged
LittleOne
Very Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 08:15:08 AM »

then the proxies were cast and Jerry gave his winning votes to Cliff as did Walt and Vic.

Pleeman
You neglected to mention that neither Bill nor Cliff's name were on the Proxy ballots so the way I see it was that it was a set up vote.
Only the 3 board members were on the ballot and since they were giving their votes to Cliff it was fixed. As you stated, the members present were voting for Bill so it seems the board was afraid to have Bill elected, he wouldnt go along with their abuse of power.
Report to moderator   Logged

LittleOne
pleeman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:31:59 PM »

I stayed for the ENTIRE meeting and they talked about changing the voting sheet.

You can say whatever you want about the process I just felt they picked the guy who would work with them to get things done.

Bill brought up us becoming a dependent district- I asked Rep. Proctor how this would affect his ability to get us help from Tallahassee
he said he would have to look into it.

I am concerned if we lose our board we will have developers dealing directly with the county and bypassing our concerns.

Be careful what you wish for!

I can guarantee the people on the board have commitments to this community... from making meetings to MORTGAGES!

Please do not sit back and be an "armchair board member" and say whats right or wrong, government is a set of complex rules followed

by people who have jumped through hoops to be a part of the process.

There is a CRA/CRC position open if you really care to be involved.

Sad Embarrassed Sad

LittleOne
Very Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 04:54:30 PM »

stayed for the ENTIRE meeting and they talked about changing the voting sheet.

I also stayed for the entire meeting BUT them changing the voting sheet in the future wont do anything for this vote will it??
also, they talked about changing the sheet?Huh Did you ever hear the old saying "TALK IS CHEAP"Huh??

Is that seat open or is there going to be an appointment made for it???

LittleOne
redbone
Average Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 10:06:12 AM »

The board was voted in to represent us and do so in a fair and balanced way . the increase should be representative of the landowners who have been to the meetings and voiced there concerns. It most certainly is not, most at the meetings were not for it. There should have been a compromise on this decision. This was fundamentally wrong , it goes against our very grain as Americans . it is what our forfathers fought and died for. No taxation without representation. power corrupts . absolute power corrupts absolutely. This board needs to be  held accountable for it's actions , for ALL of us. We owe this to ourselves , eachother and our kids. This system is flawed and needs repair.

Tsikes
Average Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 04:23:43 PM »

I own  2 improved lots, my feelings are $126 was a comprimise, would have rather spent what ever it costs to do the whole job ? $660- $1000 to make the area better and bring up in value. I wasn't at the meetings but I read as much as I can find on the  issues here almost every day. And I did vote my proxy..
 Hope my vote was counted.
Todd Sikes
 What could inprove the area, that dosn't cost anything is quit throwing litter along the road. I must say it is filthy with litter out here...Where is the American pride.

todd sikes
pleeman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 12:12:15 AM »

For those who can understand... Our engineer said if we did not approve the plan we did we would pay nearly a quarter of that cost just scooping erosion out of the creek.

Having more roads and less flooding is a matter of safety, and if you put off your oil change you have to buy a new engine!

Power has to make hard choices. President Bush had to take out Iraq. Somebody forgot who the superpower is, Hussein won't be breaking any resolutions now.

I will tell you right now NONE of the supervisors were voting the increase lightly- they new it was a hard choice- but sometimes the kids need the medicine before it gets worse.

This is an ounce of prevention situation. In a few years when the creek is flowing properly and fire trucks can make it to everyone, we will thank these guys to have had the vision and fortitude to not be

swayed by public pressure.

Sad Embarrassed Angry

redbone
Average Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 05:56:12 PM »

I do agree with your analogy that the board treated us like children .

Skeeter
Average Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 08:47:10 AM »

WHENS THE NEXT MEETING
money8
Very Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »

Next board meeting is this coming Thursday night at 7:00 p.m.
  The next land owners meeting will be next June ,09
  Bill Fisher

seaccummaGes
seaccummaGesFV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 12:48:50 AM »

Convert wv files to mp3 free get redirected here: convert wv to mp3 online discussion  picture wv to mp3 converter batch people  Input Formats: 3GA, AAC, AC3, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, AMR, AU, CAF, FLAC, M4A, M4P, M4R, MID, MIDI, MMF, MP2, MP3, MPGA, OGA, OGG, OMA, OPUS, QCP, RA, RAM, WAV, and WMA

The best Free wv to mp3 converter:  [url=http:/
Vomefomb
VomefombSP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 01:45:01 PM »

Compilation tag (also used in naming) taken from compilation check, not by checking for differing artists When create a new profile offers to use the current one as template Compilation, conductor & style tags created by default All meta data items are shown in meta section, excluded (for id tags) are shown in light gray All meta data items list shows
  • instead of [Remove] If the option to disable autoplay is enabled, then every second the status of the CD drive is polled, to autorefresh when CD is inserted, auto press eject button when CD draw is open, also stops windows autoplaying the CD when closing CD ripper Pressing the eject button when the draw is open, closes it Auto eject CD should function more reliably Audio conversion review: http://www.magicaudiotools.com/convert-ape-to-mp3 together  face best ape to mp3 converter attitude

Free download ape to mp3 converter: [url=h
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length